So you’re a fan of beer, but it’s not exactly your lifeblood. Well, there is room for you both in our stores and on our blog! For fun, we created this trivia not for know-it-all beer geeks, but for average appreciators of alcoholic drinks. Write down your answers and check them against the answers at the bottom of the page. If you answer seven or more right, you may just be a beer geek (the best kind of geek in our opinion).
Intermediate Beer Trivia
- 1. Fill in the blanks: ______ are fermented quicker and at warmer temperatures and ______ are fermented slower and at lower temperatures.
- 2. True or False: India Pale Ale style beer originated in India?
- 3. Doppelbock names traditionally end with these four letters.
- 4. This country has the more individual beer brands than any other in the world.
- 5. Steam Beer originated in _______ during the Gold Rush.
- 6. To be considered a microbrewery, the brewery must make fewer than ______ barrels per year.
- 7. _____ is the sweet liquid produced in the brewing process by mashing malted barley and water.
- 8. _____ is the primary ingredient in beer, which is sprouted and then kilned to create malt. It is then mashed to create wort.
- 9. Globally, does Bud Light or Budweiser sell more beer?
- 10. What beer does the United States import in the greatest quantities?
Become a beer knowledge superstar with our Beer Glossary. Then come in and find the perfect brew for you with the help of our friendly staff. Thanks for playing!
- 1. Ales, Lagers
- 2. False, it originated in England for use by English soldiers based in India. The added hoppiness was a result of the need for preservation on the long voyage.
- 3. -ator
- 4. Belgium
- 5. California
- 6. 15,000
- 7. Wort
- 8. Barley
- 9. Bud Light. It is the world’s 4th most popular beer. Budweiser is fifth.
- 10. Corona