Big Red Liquors has been a proud supporter of local Bloomington, Indiana University, Monroe and surrounding communities for the past four decades. As a member of local economy and community, we recognize the responsibility and value of supporting other local businesses including local wineries and breweries. We also recognize our responsibility to help our local non-profit community. We hold two major events per year, the Annual Beer Fest (Fall) and the Annual Wine and Food Fest (Spring) and donate all proceeds to local charities. During their campaign seasons we hold fund raising drives in our stores for the United Way Campaign and National Hunger and Homelessness Week for Martha’s House.
The following is a list of the charities supported and a sampling of the programs:
- Boys and Girls Club – Drug and Alcohol Awareness Program
- Wonderlab – Part of the initial capital campaign and annual Science Night Out Event
- Martha’s House – Homeless shelter providing a dry environment
- MCCSC Foundation – Reading, Writing and Rhythm Annual New Year’s Eve Event
- Ivy Tech – Showcase of Chefs Annual Event
- Indiana University – Wellhouse Society Member, Football and Basketball Supporter
- Middle Way House – Various events including local “Dancing with the Celebrities”
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank – Annual United Way Campaign
- Sycamore Land Trust – funds donated from the sale of our reusable wine bags
- AmVets – Local fireworks As a local business, we also recognize the value of supporting local business initiatives.
We participate as members of:
- BEDC – Bloomington Economic Development Corporation
- Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce
- Indiana State Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Bloomington Inc
- Eastside Bloomington
Finally, if you are not 21, we do not want your business. We respectfully will wait until you are of age, and hope that you will learn to drink responsibly. To this end we are a member of the Monroe County Asset Building Coalition – Taskforce to Reduce Under Age Drinking. Our employees receive bonuses for all false ID’s that are confiscated and removed from the system.