Sangria is the perfect recipe for any host. You can make a batch small enough for a dinner party of 6, or big enough for a soiree of 25. And all of the prep work can be done the day before, leaving the day of the party wide open for decorating, cleaning and generally stressing out about all the other details.
Another great thing about sangria is that it’s easily customizable to the season. The same basic building block ingredients can be adjusted to highlight seasonal fruits and spices. This Holiday sangria recipe uses classic flavors from cinnamon and winter fruits to create a festive drink, perfect for any Holiday party.
Prep time: 7 minutes
- 1 bottle Benvolio pinot grigio
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup Rebel Yell Bourbon
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1 cup club soda
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Cinnamon sticks
- Place chopped apples and pears in a large pitcher. Top with apple cider, wine, and bourbon.
- Let refrigerate for at least 6, but up to 24 hours (See, we told you it can be made a day in advance!)
- At party time, add the club soda for a sparkly fizz and drop in the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve chilled, and garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick.
Tip: Throughout the party, give the sangria a good stir to ensure the ingredients don’t settle.